Milestone: Future School 2030 the First Seminar
On October 29, the Future School 2030 the First Seminar discussed and presented what future school in 2030 might be at Jingshi Hall, Beijing Normal University (BNU). The first seminar was a milestone of Future School 2030 Program. It attracted more than 30 professors and researchers from China, Canada, Finland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The Future School 2030 Program was launched by Beijing Advanced Innovation Center for Future Education (AICFE). The purpose of the program was to study the possibilities of future education in the 21st century and to analyze education reform from the perspective of integration of technology and education. We have accepted 11 promising research proposals and plan to release a Blue Paper of Future School 2030 in August, 2017. We also expect to publish academic papers that are originally accepted by the program as proposals in following years. Most of researches have been designed and conducted well.
Picture 1: Attendees were discussing the content of the Blue Paper of Future School 2030
Picture 2: Attendees took picture togethr in front of Jingshi Hall
At the first stage, 10 research proposals was accepted. They were:
1. Reimagining Technology-Enhanced STEM Teacher Education for 21st Century: From more technology to increase quality of teaching and learning
Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin, Associate Professor in Science Education, University of British Columbia, Canada
2. Joint Study of Teaching and Learning in Future Schools in China and Finland: Supporting student Learning towards 21st century skills through digital storytelling with digital pen
Dr. Hannele Niemi, Professor; Dr. Marianna Vivitsou, Postdoctoral researcher; Dr. Jenny Niu, Postdoctoral researcher at University of Helsinki
Dr. Baoping Li at Beijing Normal University
3. A Study on Teachers’ Online Homework Guidance
Ying Zhou, Associate Professor at Beijing Normal University
4. Book Talk: Mobile text-chat as a pedagogic tool for literacy enhancement
Pingping Huang, Qianyun Yu, and Dr. Will Gibson in Institute of Education, University College London
5. The Study on the Application of Wearable Devices in Primary and Secondary Schools
Rong Miao, Associate Professor, Peking University
6. Enhancing Neurocognitive Functions in School-aged Children by Using Music and Sports?
Mari Tervaniemi, Research Director, University of Helsinki
7. The Developmental Dynamics of Cognition, Mathematics, Motivation, and Well-being
Professor Pirjo Aunio and Professor Markku Niemivirta, University of Helsinki
8. Game-based Learning In Future School
Dr. Junjie Shang, Associate Professor and Lu Zhang in Graduate School of Education, Peking University
9. Applying APT Model to Explore Elementary Students’ Deep Learning in Smart Classroom
Professor Yi Zhang, School of Educational Information Technology, Central China Normal University
10. Social Context as a Mechanism in New Learning Spaces: A Cross-Cultural Research Project
Dr. Christopher Brooks, EDUCAUSE
Feng-Kuang Chiang, Associate Professor, Beijing Normal University
At the second Stage, 1 proposal was accepted:
1. Joint Study of Teaching and Learning in Coding Skills in China and Finland: Coding skills as a success factor for a society
Jari Multisilta, Professor from Tampere University of Technology
AICFE still call for research proposals. If you are interested in the Future School 2030 Program, please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.