Learning Science Laboratory--- Prof. Hongyun Liu
Psychological statistics, psychological assessment and evaluation
The progress and application of quantitative analysis technologies in psychology
2003 PhD in Psychological Assessment and Evaluation, School of Psychology, Beijing Normal University, P. R. China
1996 MSc in Probability Statistics, Faculty of Mathematics, Shanxi University, P. R. China
1993 Bachelor in Mathematics Statistics, Faculty of Mathematics, Shanxi University, P. R. China
2003.07-present, Lecturer & Associate Professor, School of Psychology, Beijing
Normal University, P. R. China
2003.07-2004.07 Postdoctoral Researcher, School of Education, Chinese University of Hong
Kong, Hong Kong
1996.07-2000.09 Teacher Assistant & Lecturer, School of Education, Shanxi University, P. R. China
1. Yao. L.,Liu, H., Sun, C.(2008). Using Multidimensional IRT Approach to Improve Diagnostic
Subscore Reporting and Equating across Grades and Years in Chinese K-12 Aseessment.$78,000,
McGrawHill -Assessment and Reporting Innovation Research and Development (R&D). Call
for Proposal. 2008.1-2008.12
2. A longitudinal study of peer relations in Chinese children in Hong Kong and China: Instrument
development and explorations of social withdrawn behaviors. Hong Kong SAR (RGC CUHK4339-01H)
3. Indication and Prevention of Aggressive and Withdrawn Behaviors in Primary School Children Hong
Kong SAR (QEF 1999-2735)
1. Liu, H. & Chang, L(2010). Multivariate Longitudonal Data Analysis, in The International Encyclopedia of
Education, 3rd Edition, edited by Barry McGaw, Penelope Peterson and Eva Baker, Elsevier (in press).
2. McBride-Chang, C., Cho, J.R., Liu, H. Changing Models across Cultures: Associations of
Phonological and Morphological Awareness to Reading in Beijing, Hong Kong, Korea, and America.
Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 2005,92, 140-160.
3. Liu, H., Sun, C., Liu, J. Large Scale Assessment of Chinese Students’ Academic Achievement: Validity
Aspects of Innovative Tests for Improving Students’ Learning and Performance, Paper presented at the annual
meeting of ACER/NCME. 2008,3. New York.
4. Liu, H., Liu J. Large Scale Assessment of Chinese Students’ Academic Achievement: the Innovative Tests
for Improving Students’ Learning and Performance, Paper presented at the annual meeting of CAERDA. 2008,3. NewYork.
5. Liu, H. Mediating effects of teacher attitude to work on the relationship between teacher and student self-efficacy. Paper presented at ISSBD Biennial meeting, 2004. Ghent, Belgium.
6. Liu, H. The effect of head teacher’s classroom management self-efficacy on the relationship
between student’s academic efficacy and attitude toward learning, Paper presented at the Third Biennial International Conference
on Intercultural Research, 2004. Taiwan.
2002.11-2003.02 Visiting scholar in the School of Education, Chinese University of Hong Kong
2005.01-2005.03 Visiting scholar in the Curriculum, Evaluation and Management Center,
Durham University, UK
2006.01-2006.02 Visiting scholar in UNESCO Statistics Bureau (Canada)